Seed of Hope

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hello from South Africa! After 2 1/2 days,  3 flights,  tin-foil covered mystery meals too numerous to count, and approximately 3 hours of sleep (in total....) we have safely arrived at our destination.

Thank you for your prayers - we definitely felt them covering us throughout the course of the long journey down.  The flights were smooth and on time; all is well.  The team is tired and fighting jet lag, but we're all feeling good, and really anticipating the next 10 days or so of what God has in store!

Some musings (because that's what I do... I like to muse)...
The rumble of the engines gearing up for takeoff never gets old.
We have already learned that we need to expect the unexpected, and be ready to adapt quickly to change.
The first glimpse of the African sunrise over the wing-tips of the plane will stay with me forever.
Where we are staying there are MONKEYS! yes...real, live, wild monkeys.  Hopefully I will get a picture.
The shower is open at the top ... :) It's quite lovely to shower under the canopy of trees.
Vegetation is lush, and the dirt is red dust.  The rainy season is coming and the people are anticipating it greatly.
And last...I am falling in love with this country already.  Thankful for this opportunity to learn and serve.
Angela

4 comments:

  1. ANGELA!!!! this makes me so happy to read...so thankful all are safely there! praying for the whole team...can't wait to hear more! much love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear you have arrived and it sounds as if you are all thriving. Looking forward to hearing your reports. Loved your musings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying right now as I read your words! Wish I was there and so so very happy that you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ang! As I read your musings, I didn't have to scroll down to know it was you writing it. You have pictured your journey so vividly and I can hardly wait to hear more. Love and Prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete