Seed of Hope

Monday 29 September 2014

Health team visit to Max

Today I accompanied Jabu and Buli (our community health team) along with our driver Sue to a man named Max who was in stage 2 AIDS. This was the first time the team made a visit to this 37 year old man. His girlfriend was tested earlier this year and tested positive for HIV. She was given anti retro viral drugs (ARVs) and is now fine. We found Max laying on his side in bed. He refuses to take the ARV s. Jabu and Buli take turns talking to him sometimes lecturing other times pleading for him to take the drugs and get better.                                  Finally they turned to me and asked if I would pray . Max looked tired. I asked him a few questions about how he felt and then about the kind of work he did. He said he installed tanks for gasoline and diesel. I then held his hand and said enthusiastically that I too worked with gasoline but in a refinery. His eyes sparkled and he smiled. He squeezed my hand with a strong grip. I prayed for this beautiful man and thanked God for placing me in his home at this time. I trust God who has a purpose for this couple that He will give Max the courage to choose life and take the medicine that will make him strong.

Nico

.

2 comments:

  1. I am really appreciating all of your updates - keep 'em coming. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your journeys and heavenly appointments. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying reading about your mission trip & the good work you are doing there. Most important is the "work" that is being done in each of your lives. We are praying for you Nico & the test of the team. Looking forward to hearing more. Bob& Ruth

    ReplyDelete