Seed of Hope

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Falling Over the Edge

As you followed our blog, you have heard some comments as to our "work" pertaining to the painting of the staff quarters. I felt somewhat isolated as I was given the job of edger and was continually being praised for the great effort. This made it difficult as I want to be more humble and compassionate, so as to allow people to share their stories and build better relationships.
    Then I hear from Kierra how great a job we are doing, but both Les and I were wondering about having young interns involved and perhaps working alongside. This disconnect continued for a few days.


    On the final day in a small room I was alone setting up my ladder and paint, then while climbing up, the ladder starts to fold up with me falling down still holding my brush and paint can, narrowly missing the roller tray full of paint. I looked around and realized everything was okay, no paint had spilled over the floor covering and I was not injured. I thanked God and realized that He had a bigger picture for me. We were invited by Kierra to do this work and it was to glorify his work through the Seed of Hope staff. Everyone of the staff feels encouraged and appreciated by having a better environment in which to work.
   There were ample opportunities to interact with staff. With the efficiency shown by our team and with everybody helping out, it became possible to also finish two bathrooms and a small adjoining room. Realizing God was already planning the purpose of our visit here long before we got here and continues to work in the lives of the relationships we encountered, always ends up resulting in a better outcome than we can envision from the start.

   Thanks for all our prayer warriors back home, as we start on our 31 hour journey home.

    See you soon,  Nico

2 comments:

  1. We are praying! Hope to see you Wed. night at small group - if jet lag doesn't get ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok Nico! Safe trip home! We'll be praying for all of you as you travel!

    ReplyDelete