Seed of Hope

Saturday 17 February 2018

A Roll of Electrical Tape

Because we are in a foreign country, many things are different. In this case, paint rollers are quite different and about 50% of them lose a little part that keeps them in line. Once that piece is missing, the roller moves over to the side and drips paint all over the place.

Looking for a solution to this problem I searched for something that might hold the roller in place, while still allowing it to turn freely. Tape might work! So I tried some masking tape that was readily available but once it got wet it just squished up and was totally useless. So, I asked Mike, the maintenance man, if he had any electrical tape. That was met by a blank look. So I change up by saying "black electrical tape". He replied with "Oh, black rubber tape." I momentarily got my hopes but then he shook his head and indicated that he didn't think he had any.

Imagine my surprise and delight when Mike showed up an hour later with a roll of electrical tape and explained that he had found the roll in the sewing room. I applied the electrical tape to the problem...the dripping paint was stopped and my sanity (it was driving me crazy) was saved.

Thank God for electrical tape.


Les

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha... when I read the first part of your message, I was thinking - this would drive Les crazy - and you confirmed that at the end. So glad God provided a solution.

    ReplyDelete